Super Salmon Spa salad – serves 4 (or more w/ smaller portions)
1 lb. wild caught salmon fillets, grilled or broiled
1 lb. fresh asparagus, grilled or roasted
1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
1 head fresh spinach
misc. mixed greens to your taste (I used mixed baby lettuces and kale from my garden)
½ thinly sliced red onion
4 tbsp. (or to your taste) soft goat cheese (like chevre), crumbled
2 c. fresh blackberries
halved grape or cherry tomatoes
2 avocados (I served each person ½ an avocado, some people only want ¼)
honey roasted, sliced almonds, sprinkled over top
2 organic, free-range medium boiled eggs (each person gets a ½ an egg)
lemon juice (optional), salt and pepper to taste
Strawberry balsamic vinaigrette
1/8-1/4 c strawberry balsamic vinegar – I get mine here
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. garlic paste
salt and pepper and whisk like mad!
and of course, the little red drizzle you see on the salmon is sriracha, my favorite condiment 🙂 I also use Pink Himalayan salt in a grinder (Trader Joe’s), for a nice sweet, mellow salt with a high mineral content and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the asparagus and salmon on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Just enough to coat lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Grill or roast for preferred doneness – only about 5 minutes usually.
- Boil your eggs for approx. 6-7 minutes for a medium yolk, longer if you want it hard.
- Wash and spin your greens, chop or tear into small pieces. Assemble in bowl.
- Layer, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and blackberries (or leave in separate bowls and let everyone serve themselves). Serve salad to plate.
- Place salmon, egg and asparagus on each plate. Season with salt and pepper and lemon, if desired.
- Crumble goat cheese (approx. 1 tbsp. per person) and sprinkle almond slices on top of salad.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Give thanks and gratitude for the bounty you are about to serve and the nutrition your body and your family is about to receive.